Put up your hand if ….
1. Every time you see A-Rod hit a ball out of the park you wonder whether he is still juicing?
2. You wonder what else was on Tom Brady’s cellphone that he had it destroyed? If Brady has come clean on the texts to the team equipment/training guys what else might have been on that cellphone?
3. You don't buy Robert Kraft when he says “the league still has no hard evidence of anybody doing anything to tamper with the PSI levels of footballs.”
4. For one minute you believed that Roger Goodell was going to impartially reconsider re-assessing the League’s own discipline of Brady? Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports summed up the whole fiasco perfectly:
"This was the court of public opinion, and every action, every deal, every day of not owning the story was just as important as the actual facts around this confusing and mostly overblown controversy. This was politics, hardcore and ugly. This is how the NFL operates under Roger Goodell. This is how the NFL has long operated under Roger Goodell. It's pro wrestling. How the heck Kraft and Brady didn't see that, how they walked right into the trap and thus never really stood a chance to make their case is baffling."
5. You could care less about items 2, 3 and 4?
6. You are still scratching your head about why the "New Jersey Devils For Life” Lou Lamoriello all of a sudden ends up leaving for the Toronto rebuild project?
7. You haven't yet figured out how Lou Lamoriello (and his 72 year old sets ways of putting together a hockey team) fits in with the philosophies of Mark Hunter, Kyle Dubas and Mike Babcock’s for doing the same? The Leafs have gone from a 4 headed management team (Shanahan, Nonis, Poulin, Loiselle) to well, er, a 4-5 headed management team (Shanahan, Lamoriello, Mark Hunter, Dubas and Babcock).
8. You know what measuring stick they used to conclude here in Toronto that the Pan Am Games were a “huge success”? Is it because Torontonians were whipped into a frenzy every day by media reports about Canada’s massive and escalating medal total (217 total, and 78 Gold)? Did you know that Canada has only once won more than 20 medals total and only once won more than 4 Gold medals at a single Summer Olympic Games (if you exclude the 1984 Los Angeles Games where half the World didn’t show up)?
9. You live in Toronto and you do not want to get suckered in to footing the bill for hosting the 2024 Summer Olympic Games? What did the great City of Boston know that we don’t about signing a blank cheque to fund cost overruns for hosting the Games? See this fantastic article from the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/for-citizens-in-many-locales-hosting-games-no-longer-has-same-ring-to-it/2015/07/29/10ac4c12-355a-11e5-94ce-834ad8f5c50e_story.html
10. You are tired of putting up your hand.